EY Start-up Academy
How far can you go?
Aim high, accelerate fast and make your vision come true.
Grow with the EY Start-up Academy!
Digitalisation is unstoppable and brings along new challenges as well as new opportunities. Parallel to these changes, digital transformation has forcefully started to impact all sectors. Technological innovation has become a major force of change by completely infiltrating private and entrepreneurial realities via online channels, smartphones and the internet of things. We need new solutions and products which have not been asked for or had so far not been imaginable.
EY is dedicated to supporting progress in line with our slogan Building a better working world. In this context, the EY Start-up Academy is another step for the development of entrepreneurial innovation by start-ups.
What is the EY Start-up Academy?
- The EY Start-up Academy is a 6-week program in which selected start-ups are given the unique opportunity to improve their business models and its main components through structured help and advice from EY experts. The program runs from end of September until November 2019. It is free of charge.
- The program is aimed at Tech or FinTech start-ups that have completed the Alpha phase, already have a minimum viable product or a proof of concept and are seeking funding within the next 12 months.
- The EY Start-up Academy consists of a series of workshops and training events offered by EY. In addition, there are fireside chats with investors and selected corporates as well as founders’ chats with successful founders to exchange experiences. In total, the Academy consists of more than 30 events.
- EY organizes the Start-up Academy in cooperation with Bundesverband Deutsche Startups, Business Angels FrankfurtRheinMain, Deutsche Bahn Digital Ventures, Deutsche Börse, Dieter von Holtzbrink Ventures (DvH Ventures), FinLab, High-Tech Gründerfonds (HTGF), seed + speed Ventures, signals Venture Capital, SixThirty Ventures, TechQuartier and Visa. The Bundesverband Deutsche Startups provides the founders with its vast network and extensive knowledge with regards to launching start-ups and fueling innovative ideas. The Business Angels FrankfurtRheinMain and HTGF support the Academy’s participants with their excellent networks and their expertise as investors. Deutsche Bahn Digital Ventures and Visa, who are cooperating with the Academy in 2020 for the first time, support the founders with their specialist knowledge derived from their core business activities: the promotion of new business models focused on mobility and digital payment solutions respectively. Deutsche Börse contributes with its expertise in the field of initial public offerings (IPOs) and from the Deutsche Börse Venture Network Platform. This is complemented by Dieter von Holtzbrink Ventures (DvH Ventures) as one of the largest European early-stage investors, FinLab’s expertise as one of the most renowned European investors in FinTech and Blockchain, seed + speed Ventures as an early-stage investor for B2B and B2C start-ups, signals Venture Capital as an Europe-wide active investor for B2B business models and Six-Thirty Ventures with its extensive experience as an investor in FinTech, InsurTech and Cybersecurity. Moreover, TechQuartier supports the EY Start-up Academy by providing two free workstations on their premises for the duration of the Academy.
- The EY Start-up Academy is an expression of our commitment to support the start-up ecosystem and founders in their journey “from idea to exit”. With the program, EY and its partners support start-ups in overcoming difficulties in questions related to tax, audit and financing / assessment. We question their business plan, scalability of organization and IT as well as legal and regulatory frameworks from an investors’ perspective so that they can achieve investor readiness as quickly as possible. We thus contribute to the sustainable growth of the eco-system for start-ups in Europe – our interpretation of Building a better working world.
What is the added value for you as a participant of the EY Start-up Academy?
- Long-term, free support by EY in strategic and operational issues – also in later stages of corporate development
- Access to the EY ecosystem for start-ups: Academy Alumni Club, Entrepreneur of the Year, access to global and regional EY events
- Concentrated knowledge transfer in areas that are of central importance for start-ups
- Numerous opportunities for networking with investors, corporates, successful founders and other start-ups
- Free access to the TechQuartier with two workstations each for the duration of the program
- Prize money of 10,000 Euro in total and the EY Start-up Academy Award which can be used for advertising
- Stage to raise your popularity
Best-Of-Videos and review
EY Start-up Academy 2019 – it‘s a wrap! Once again, it was an eventful, intensive and exciting time.
Learn more in our video.
If you want to take a glance behind the scenes of the EY Start-up Academies of the past years, you can get some impressions here.
Moreover, node.energy provides you with their personal experience of participating in the EY Start-up Academy.
See more in the video of Matthias Karger!