EY Start-up Academy
How far can you go?
Aim high, accelerate fast and make your vision come true.
Grow with the EY Start-up Academy!
Digitalisation is unstoppable and brings along new challenges as well as new opportunities. Parallel to these changes, digital transformation has forcefully started to impact all sectors. Technological innovation has become a major force of change by completely infiltrating private and entrepreneurial realities via online channels, smartphones and the internet of things. We need new solutions and products which have not been asked for or had so far not been imaginable.
EY is dedicated to supporting progress in line with our slogan Building a better working world. In this context, the EY Start-up Academy is another step for the development of entrepreneurial innovation by start-ups.
What is the EY Start-up Academy?
- The EY Start-up Academy is a 6-week program in which selected start-ups are given the unique opportunity to improve their business models and its main components through structured help and advice from EY experts. The program runs from end of September until November 2019. It is free of charge.
- The program is aimed at Tech or FinTech start-ups that have completed the Alpha phase, already have a minimum viable product or a proof of concept and are seeking funding within the next 12 months.
- The EY Start-up Academy consists of a series of workshops and training events offered by EY. In addition, there are fireside chats with investors and selected corporates as well as founders’ chats with successful founders to exchange experiences. In total, the Academy consists of more than 30 events.
- EY organizes the Start-up Academy in cooperation with Deutsche Börse, TechQuartier, Bundesverband Deutsche Startups and Business Angels FrankfurtRheinMain. Deutsche Börse contributes with its expertise in the field of initial public offerings (IPOs) and from the Deutsche Börse Venture Network Platform. Moreover, TechQuartier supports the EY Start-up Academy by providing two free workstations on their premises for the duration of the Academy. The Bundesverband Deutsche Startups and the Business Angels FrankfurtRheinMain provide their expertise and their extensive network in the start-up sector to the founders.
- The EY Start-up Academy is an expression of our commitment to support the start-up ecosystem and founders in their journey “from idea to exit”. With the program, EY and its partners support start-ups in overcoming difficulties in questions related to tax, audit and financing / assessment. We question their business plan, scalability of organization and IT as well as legal and regulatory frameworks from an investors’ perspective so that they can achieve investor readiness as quickly as possible. We thus contribute to the sustainable growth of the eco-system for start-ups in Europe – our interpretation of Building a better working world.
What is the added value for you as a participant of the EY Start-up Academy?
- Long-term, free support by EY in strategic and operational issues – also in later stages of corporate development
- Access to the EY ecosystem for start-ups: Academy Alumni Club, Entrepreneur of the Year, access to global and regional EY events
- Concentrated knowledge transfer in areas that are of central importance for start-ups
- Numerous opportunities for networking with investors, corporates, successful founders and other start-ups
- Free access to the TechQuartier with two workstations each for the duration of the program
- Prize money of 10,000 Euro in total and the EY Start-up Academy Award which can be used for advertising
- Stage to raise your popularity
More information on our YouTube channel
Be like node.energy! Being part of the EY Start-up Academy in 2017 has been a kick-starter for node.energy. See more in the video of Matthias Karger!
The second edition of the EY Start-up Academy is successfully closed. Once again, it was intensive, exciting and energetic. Congratulations to Flexvelop, Kruzr, Livello, Mapstar and Othermo for successfully completing the Academy.
Find out more in our review: https://youtu.be/9yvaFfKDc-w
Also in 2017, there was an EY Start-up Academy. 7 start-ups have successfully completed the first edition of the EY Start-up Academy. Congratulations to Asteria, Creditlinks, EVANA AG, F ECTIVE AG, MES & DAK, StudySmarter and node.energy. All the best for your future!
Our best-of-video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElN4i79V70c